Colt Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is a gun for sale on GB. The gap at the front of the trigger guard between it and the frame is obvious. Is this just a loose screw or is something really wrong? There is no gap as you move to the back of the frame.

Reactions: sumthin_nu

·
Registered
132 Posts
I guess the only way to find out is to send the seller a message asking. Then have him send you photo's to prove that was all that caused it. If not, stay away.
If the seller posted the pic with it looking like that, tells me he doesnt have a clue about the gun... and if he does then why didnt he tighten the screw first. It is enough for me to stay away.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Could the trigger guard be slightly sprung?
That’s what I wondered seeing as how the rest of the assembly is right tight against the frame as you move back.

·
Premium Member
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Reactions: highway08

·
Registered
3,606 Posts
As mentioned it is probably bent. I have had this before. The metal is malleable and it can be easily straightened.

·
Premium Member
7,378 Posts
Sometimes the best deals occur when the seller doesn't have a clue!!
I’ve been fortunate that way a few times myself.
It could be bent... or it could just need the other trigger assembly screws loosened and then all the screws including the front screw retightened a little at the time.
I’ve found guns with trigger guard and /or back strap to trigger guard or main frame gaps due to loose screws or assembled sort of out of order.

I’ve got a few older uberti guns that seem to be persnickety about which screws get tightened in certain order.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I hope that's just a shadow around the right half of the trigger screw hole. The photo makes it look like the hole is too big for the head of the screw.

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
If the trigger guard was bent, the gap would be in the middle and both ends could still be tight.

The screw is loose or missing altogether.

·
Registered
615 Posts
It isn't a loose screw. One (or even two) loose screws won't show a gap, the fit will still be flush. It's bent. Doesn't seem it would be that hard to "unbend" since I doub't the trigger guard is that hard. But you have to wonder what kind of abuse was it subjected too to bend it like that. I'm looking at Mikebiker and I still don't see how you could do that.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts