Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks for looking. I know absolutely nothing about SAA. Always figured they were out of my reach. But today I was offered one. This one is at my LGS with a price tag of 5k. It looks amazing all original finish with the frame and cylinder with lots of case hard color. Grips look almost new. He said it is a 1gen 1924. Its in 45 long colt. Is it worth 5k?

·
Registered
713 Posts
Well, I'll leave up to the collectors, but not in my book. Late production pre-war, smokeless model. My guess is $ 2500 = 2900 if all original (and it looks to be).

·
Premium Member
3,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah..i had had sticker shock when he said that. He also had this lighting for 2500.00

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
$3000 or so retail on the saa in my area

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
About four months ago I bought a quite a lot nicer example than the one shown. I paid $3000 out the door.

Sorry if I caused a stir - dropped a 0 when typing. :) Now corrected.

·
Registered
3,854 Posts
Thanks for looking. I know absolutely nothing about SAA. Always figured they were out of my reach. But today I was offered one. This one is at my LGS with a price tag of 5k. It looks amazing all original finish with the frame and cylinder with lots of case hard color. Grips look almost new. He said it is a 1gen 1924. Its in 45 long colt. Is it worth 5k?

3500.00 My opinion.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I bought an 1895 Colt blackpowder frame matching serial numbers for about half that price... I see those turn of the century - 1920's SAA's go for $2500-3500 in CA!

·
Premium Member
4,488 Posts
About four months ago I bought a quite a lot nicer example than the one shown. I paid $300 out the door.
Left a 0 off that $300 didn't ya? :)

·
Registered
737 Posts
Check out the "boogered" screws, overall condition,& think if you want to pay that kind of money for that piece. I don't see it as a "rush to buy". It is a nice enough gun but NOT at that price. I'm leaning more toward $2000-$2300. Nick

1 - 15 of 15 Posts