Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When a saa has a 'trigger/action' job done to it, is a lightened main spring part of the process? Or, if the action job is done correctly it will not need a lightened M Spring.

·
Registered
645 Posts
I'm thinking that very likely depends on the Smithy who's handling the action job.
It's been My experience that highly competent Smiths tend to make adjustments to the factory gun springs, as well as performing their magic to the frame and action parts.
Reduced tension revolver springs are a relatively recent development, when compared to the manufacturing of revolvers, especially SA revolvers.
From My "Hobbyist" point of view, the "reduced" springs are an engineered part, and not as likely to cause a failure to fire, as compared to (per se), a spring that I might alter.
Should I later decide the reduced spring doesn't fit the bill, it's a farily simple procedure to R&R the bugger, and re-install the original part. :cool:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Trigger Job

You have to remember that a trigger job and a action job are two different things. The trigger job in most cases only makes the trigger break over easier and my also take the slack out of the trigger. It does not include the action job. Smooth the parts and yes change the some springs or work on the springs to make them a little lighter. Wilson makes a pack of three different strength springs which you can choice from if doing the work your self. If in doubt always consult a good gunsmith that works on SAA.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Of course a spring that fails or is prone to misfires is a testament to ones ability to "tune" springs correctly. I'd rather learn than settle on someone else's engineering abilities. There again, that's just me.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.