Colt Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm pretty big on being able to see what's in the safe. Used to be I kept a number of smaller file cabinet style safes. You know the cheapest $75 kind for 8 rifles you buy from Walmart or such. But when my assortment of hand guns and long guns outgrew the cheap storage capacity, I bought a little larger safe. It's a Browning 64 capacity cabinet which is fine for what I got now. But the trouble right off the bat was the lack of lighting inside. Since it was wired for an outlet, I knew the lighting was up to me. Anyway, Please show us what solutions to the lighting quest you came up with? I currently have LED strip lighting with remote control and it has several features from white light to Disco Fever apps - minus the Saturday Night Fever music track.

The older I get the more lighting is such a needed improvement. Short of a generator powered search light parked in my gun room.

• Haha
Reactions: JimK and colrhino

·
Registered
879 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice setup. How did you attach the lighting strips? Do they come with adhesive backing?

I tried the adhesive stuff, it sucked. The LED strip came with holding clamps and small screws that worked very well, all from that LED kit from Home Depot.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I tried the adhesive stuff, it sucked. The LED strip came with holding clamps and small screws that worked very well, all from that LED kit from Home Depot.
The interior walls of my safe are all metal so screws not an option for me.

·
Registered
6,939 Posts
XKGlow makes some nice led lighting pods that could work well. Small and light so they could be stuck on with adhesive or velcro.

I have them on my vehicle and have been pleased.

XKglow

1 - 11 of 11 Posts