Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I bought this hot Underwood. 357 ammo for me Henry lever carbine. Do you think it ok to shoot it out of a 3" King Cobra? I would be shooting probably two full cylinders, 12 rds, each time I go to the range. I'm not sure if this would be my carry ammo. It depends how much recoil and control I feel I have at the range. Thanks
Shipping box Rectangle Packing materials Wood Carton

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Can you shoot it...yes, however very hot loads will increase wear of the small frame Colt's,
How well you handle the recoil and extreme muzzle blast of a small frame, short barrel is very subjective.
This is SAAMI spec ammunition. I have been shooting the underwood for years with no issues in any firearm. Be careful when advising someone who is not real familiar with the subject matter. How much of this specific ammunition have you fired? I have fired a few boxes but prefer the 125hp's which I have quite a bit. With the newer powders available it is possible to get more performance without being a +p than back in the day.

·
Registered
2 Posts
This is SAAMI spec ammunition. I have been shooting the underwood for years with no issues in any firearm. Be careful when advising someone who is not real familiar with the subject matter. How much of this specific ammunition have you fired? I have fired a few boxes but prefer the 125hp's which I have quite a bit. With the newer powders available it is possible to get more performance without being a +p than back in the day.
Agreeing with BusaDave. Also, don't expect the same velocity, muzzle energy and performance from a 3" bbl that you would get from your 16/18/20" lever gun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts