Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank You Sir...

And Yes, I must agree.

I have a Colt GCNM that wears Elephant Ivory panels...

And sometime this week I'm expecting some Sack Peterson American Elk Stag stocks for my Uberti 1875 Remington clone.

The Ivory has a dedicated thread in this subforum...and the Elk Stag will soon.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Nice! how did you fit that Stag into your trunk Shooter? lol

Sometime back I contacted a Sambar stag hunting outfit in the states and asked them if they had any shed antlers- they said that they did, and that they would sell me some for 150 bucks apiece of so, drive was pretty far and then I got stove in and could not drive that far so never followed through. Might be something to try if anyone is interested in making Sambar Stag grips.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea...LOL...that would have been the farthest distance I went to hunt Ugly...

...as the Sambar (Rusa unicolor) is native to the Indian subcontinent, South China, and Southeast Asia and is listed as a vulnerable species on the IUCN Red List since 2008. Populations have declined substantially due to severe hunting, insurgency, and industrial exploitation of habitat. The name "sambar" is also sometimes used to refer to the Philippine deer, called the "Philippine sambar" and the Javan rusa, called the "Sunda sambar".

·
Registered
2,777 Posts

In the PI they used to use 'Philippine Stag" for the handles of Batanga's knives, the local 'Sambar' is to small for gun grips though.They are endangered now in the Philippines, Guam still has quite a lot of them.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank You Gents...

I've been in contact with Sack about the Elk Stag Antler Stocks...should be delivered any day now.

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My Good Friend Ugly sent me a photo of his beautiful stag grips...so I thought they deserved to be posted right here:

Give us some details Ugly...

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Thanks a lot Shooter! Its a 1905 conversion SAA , now a blued .44 Special 5.5, I bought it from a vender in the great state of Arizona circa 2016. Have not lettered it so I don't know the original caliber. I like it a lot, if needs Jim Martin action RX hope to get it out to him some day, the grips are 50's old school and came with the gun, I did not like the jeweled hammer at first but now I like it and will just leave it "as is" when I get the action work done

Thanks again Bro!

·
Registered
7,197 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
That's a fine looking .44 Special Ugly...made even better by those excellent Stag stocks !!

Thanks for sharing...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts