Colt Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
979 Posts
What a unique and cool looking Colt Detective Special. I wonder if the sandblasted nickel is the forerunner of electroless nickel? They look awfully close.
Yes, but it was about 10-years later after these were made when Colt started having some models finished in the Electroless Nickel. However, I would say that they are of the same finish as the Satin Nickel Colt Combat Commanders of the 70’s but called something different by Colt for whatever reason. I have three of the Satin Nickel Combat Commanders; 1971, 1972, and 1973. This so called Sand Blast Nickel looks identical to those.

EC960FA5-9CB9-48F1-98DE-B896F8B9965E.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Russ, Congratulations on finding that rare DS. You must have the MOST comprehensive and desirable DS collection in the USA. Keep on searching my friend. By the way, Did you or anyone on the forum get a lettered 3" pre war DS. I remember something about that a while back.
Thanks Hootch, I'm working on it... I remember something about a 3" Pre-War DS myself. I think Cam had the info on that one.

·
Premium Member
3,337 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I remember that Dirty Harry had a lettered pair of these back in the day. I bought them and after looking in person decided to return them as they weren't quite in the condition I was wanting but I do remember having them in my hands for a few days. Nice score!
I think DirtyHarry bought the pair that I linked to in my original post. I don't know where they are now...

21 - 24 of 24 Posts