Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Came across this Savage Model 1907 today. Asking price was $400, but I offered $350.00 and the sale was made. I purchased a 1907 last year (along with a Smith & Wesson "Lemon Squeezer" Safety Hammerless) and according to the serial numbers both models were made in 1909. As you can tell my latest acquisition has led an easier life than the pistol I purchased last year. However they both have very clean bores and are in very good mechanical condition. Wolff makes springs for the model so I'll be ordering replacement springs; something I do as a routine when I purchase used pistols (semi-auto). It's a neat little pistol and I find it very easy to shoot.

·
Premium Member
all can view my website
1,915 Posts
Nice find. They are great shooters. About a year ago I took a 1907, 1915, and a 1917 out for a weekend of shooting with friends. Also took Remington 51s, Colt 1903, and 1908. I had a 32 and 380 in each model. We put 50 rounds through each. All performed flawlessly. One of the other guys took a couple of short barreled S&W revolvers with only +P ammo. They were a handful. As for what everyone liked the best, it was pretty close with no clear cut winner.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts