Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
787 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. Was given one of these in newish condition. Unremarkable wood i think is walnut. Nothing fancy, but a nice piece of recent american manufacture. Are these guns collectable? Please share your opinions on this gun.

·
Premium Member
20,522 Posts
Great gun, but a bit too heavy for a 410. There are different versions of that DB. The early ones have hand checkered stocks and the later ones have pressed checkering. I always hated that ugly big screw at the rear of the rib on the later models. One in excellent condition will usually bring $1000-$2000. The higher value is for NIB.

·
Premium Member
9,680 Posts
The main problem with the small-gauge Fox doubles is that the frame is not sized to the small gauges, resulting in an ungainly appearance and way too much weight. I am surprised that the guns are worth what sc says, but if they are, so be it. For that kind of money, one can buy a much higher quality CZ-Huglu .410 double sized for the gauge and weighing under five pounds.

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have a Savage Fox model B double 410 that was my fathers. ( double triggers) It was the first gun I used for squirrel hunting in the early 1960's. My mother bought it for him at Scott Lumber Company in Bridgeport, Ohio in 1954.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts