Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At the Tulsa gun show there was a dealer that was selling a lot of 17 Pythons, all were boxed for $15,000. About half of them were nickeled. They were of late 60's, 70's and 80's vintage. Barrel lengths ranging form 2 1/2", 4", 6" and 8". All were 357 mag except one was the .38 spl. This was a very sweet package and many eyes were being drawn to it. They were all in 4 display cases along with Diamondbacks, Trooper MKIII's and various other Colt revolvers. This display was by far the best 60's - 80's vintage Colt revolver display and it covered 4 tables.

·
Registered
1,386 Posts
Hi Addicted,

That sounds like it would have been a good deal at an average price of about $875 each... With the different variations and some scarce configurations it would seem that they would be worth more....

I always enjoy looking at good displays of Colts when I attend the shows... That sounds like it would have been fun to see it! Bob Best

·
Registered
188 Posts
[ QUOTE ]
Were they all unfired? If not what would you rate them?

FC

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, if they were all NIB, that's a tempting package ...

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I didn't handle the guns. From my view I'd rate them all as LNIB cuz NIB doesn't really exist. Well worth the $15k price tag.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Sounds like someone's collection being liquidated. Price is very fair. But you still need to have $15,000 with you. More than I carry even when I am planning on multiple purchases at a show.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts