Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just saw the movie "For Greater Glory" and while there was not one 1911 in the movie at the end of the movie they showed some original historic photos from the "war" and many of the man were armed with 1911's.
Certainly if I had the choice between a Colt single action or the 1911 I would take the 1911.
I wonder why the movie was not accurate in this respect?

I also had no idea that the Christian religion was basically outlawed by the Mexican government, that they were hanging the clergy and that was what the "war" was about. It was supposed to be a true story and was disheartening to see the American government supplying machine guns/aircraft to the Mexican government to basically protect our oil rights. Was the movie accurate in this reguard?

·
Registered
12,845 Posts
Eeeeeesh, what a mess!

I will have to see this Movie.

I will report back then.

Is it out on VHS? ( Okay, I know, I am maybe a little behind the times, but, at least I am not asking if it is out on 'Beta' anyway...)

·
Premium Member
1,840 Posts
Eeeeeesh, what a mess!

I will have to see this Movie.

I will report back then.

Is it out on VHS? ( Okay, I know, I am maybe a little behind the times, but, at least I am not asking if it is out on 'Beta' anyway...)
Nah, just out in the theatres now I think. But I know what you mean about VHS. I've a bunch I love but can't even hook a darn player up to the new TV.

·
Administrator
7,119 Posts
This is more about the movie than Colts , sorry . Closed .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.