Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was checking out some pawnshops today, when I walked in one they were making the deal on some guns.A high standard 22. Victor new in the box,a 6" python 99% looking,and a gold cup NM 1911 that had been sent to Clarks to be customized.It to looked VG+.It had the paperwork,receipt and prices from 20 yrs ago.All they could give him for them was 1400.00.Do you think they will make any money off this deal?These were purchased not pawned.They will be for sale in 10 days.

·
Registered
811 Posts
I hope they sleep well at night.................

Just goes to show the "thieves" that operate under the guise of "legitimacy".
Poor fool really got "hosed" didn't he, and "please" don't give me any "BS" about "being in business". I see these rip off artists at "work" all the time, but let's face it, he must have "needed" the cash, I know we did one time too and I got $25 for an $900 saxophone, at
Sam's Pawn, on Prospect in Cleveland , many years ago, so we been there. Oh yes, I think they got theirs in the end.................

He did get a bit MORE than I would have expected though on the "bright" side?????????

You should go back in 10 days just to "see"and let us know what they are going to mark them up................

·
Registered
778 Posts
Actually I don't think the pawn shop treated them too badly.

When you need quick cash, and the shop has to hold the guns, and then retail them; again holding them until some soul comes in that is willing to pay near the asking price, and wants that particular gun, I have some empathy with the shop. We buy guns from pawn shops, and sometimes I can tell from the look on their face, when you are trying to chisel, that they don't have a lot of wiggle room in the gun. As someone said, it is a business, after all.

We recently bought a cherry 6" nickel Python, that the pawn shop had in stock for over a year. Not every one collects Pythons. This gun would have gone in seconds for the price we paid on an auction.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The pawnshop is in LEESBURG,GA. just outside of ALBANY GA.The victor was the standard model I think.The seller had put his dad in a nursing home or something like that,and he was selling them off.He had no interest in these guns,he wanted a S&W .45 just like the guy on"MIAMI VICE"carried.He had found himself one and was selling these old guns off so he could get the "VICE" holster to go with it.He also said that he should have brought them awards and shooting medals his dad had won with these and other guns he had already sold.[he thought he could sell them to,for a few more bucks]It just goes to show you that just because you loved your guns and enjoyed shooting them,your children might just see them as a quick "buck".If anyone wants any of these pistols they will be for sale around the 10th of OCT.I would liked to have bought the python for myself but after buying 4 pistols last week,my gun money is gonna be short for a few weeks.[disclaimer] I dont work for the pawnshop,its just one of many I search for guns in.They seem like nice people,and they have another shop on Dawson rd.in ALBANY GA.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts