Colt Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
Yep 2 different ones by the same guy, funny he is selling them in different statesARMSLIST - Listings by User
I sometimes do list in NC and SC on armslist since I live at the stateline. Hard to sell what people don't know you've got. Now if he's halfway up he east coast with another add I fully understand he's a scammer

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
:mad:That site should be banned and disassembled. There are more rip-offs using armslist than you could shake a stick at.
Just last week I was informed of someone trying to sell my 1903 .38 Hammer that I have posted here and on GB.
Stole my pictures and went to see if he could screw someone.:mad:

Jeff

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
ArmsList comes with its good and its bad ... I've been scammed once, help law enforcement apprehend scammers, and found some real nice guns on ArmsList. Yes, you have to be careful and deal FTF (this also is not as safe as local gun shows, etc).

If it comes to dealing out of state, I then only use the Colt Forum, GunBroker, or an FFL on the other end for verification.

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I agree that armslist has a very big scamming scene on there. But like most said, it is still a very good place to find guns sometimes. Yes, the best thing to do is look locally on there or in areas where you are comfortable driving to for a face to face. I will only do FTF deals on there and meet at an FFL. All you have to do is send the seller a message and ask "is it still available? what's your location, I would like to come take a look at it", if they respond with a normal answer then it's probably legit, if they respond saying they live out of state, then it's a scam 99% of the time.

Reactions: TFlyboy

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
It is getting ridiculous with the pythons lately I flagged 9 today, I was told to email the links to Brian at armslist and he would remove them he is a moderator

his email is brian 2q5 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces)

·
Registered
1,313 Posts
I was told to email the links to Brian at armslist and he would remove them he is a moderator

his email is brian 2q5 @ yahoo.com (remove the spaces)
Actually, I email the "Listings by User" link to Brian - it's simpler than mailing a bunch of separate links and catches all links under the user. Sometimes they then ban the userid ... sort of like the Colt Forum does.

Kudos to our Admins for helping protect forum members.

·
Registered
1,443 Posts
Its still a good way to buy. I have bought several locally FTF only. Thats the ONLY way to go on armslist. Bought a pre 64 model 70 featherweight acouple of months ago and we met in a public place and I always go to these meeting armed no problems.
I agree, gruesome! Personally, I think ARMSLIST works pretty well for FTF trades on the less sexy items. I personally have done well on a few occasions: pre-'64 1894 Winchester, S&W Highway Patrolman, Enfield SMLE that was just sitting there...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.