Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Colt Diamondback 2.jpg

Colt Diamondback 2 1/2 inch barrel .38 Special, Comes with a checkered walnut grips with Colt medallions, beautiful blue finish, and chambered in. 1978 vintage retaining 98+% of its original blue finish, overall this is a very attractive Diamondback in the most desirable barrel length. The grips are in excellent condition, The bore is excellent and the action is tight and functions perfectly. Included is a reproduction Colt box, $old
Pm me if you want it.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Thanks , You saved my bacon , this is a scam of the highest order, buyer beware. Lesson learned from an old guy who should of know better, too good to be true is gold. !!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Using photos from Guns International , asks for cashiers check or money order , Lives in Billing MT he says but doesn't know where Idaho is, uses a Kentucky phone #...!!! (https://www.gunsinternational.com/gu...n_id=101159300) ( The photos I posted here was a few I saved that he sent to me )

Attachments

·
Registered
101 Posts
Sleeper cell .
They are upping their game . I won't detail but this one originated in Nigeria .
WOW...!!! Man I thought I had heard of everything ( I was lucky ) , I guess dating sites aren't the only ones trying to scam us here ( See Dr. Phil )

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
So was oldcoltheart75 the scammer just infiltrating us or was his identity stolen.......you never know. Nice catch.
This becomes more interesting all the time! I searched for Colt Forum posts by oldcoltheart75 - most were very short and were intended (IMHO) to boost the user's post count so as to allow use of the WTS forum. There were a couple that were lengthier and more technical - a Google search using the entire post revealed that they were made on other forums by other users. I checked two - one was originally posted on the Firing Line forum in 2009 by a senior member; the other was originally posted on the Civil War Talk forum in 2014 by a retired forum moderator. Both of the scammer's posts were stolen word for word and one included a photo from the stolen post. You can replicate my findings if you care to take the time - these criminals are devious!!

·
Registered
8,951 Posts
Their incentive is that they do have an audience of 'true believers' readily available who'll bite...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts