Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Amen that. Had several strange PM’s from both of the above mentioned. Never replied as it just didn’t feel right to me at the time. Guess my gut feeling was right in hindsight.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,179 Posts
We all have to stay on guard. I would be very apprehensive dealing with someone who just has 50 posts and is only a member for a year. I would be an advocate of moving the requirement to sell up to a couple of hundred posts and a member for a reasonable time. Let's get to know who we are dealing with. I see the members who are on here posting on various guns all the time and making a contribution to the Forum. I don't want to buy from a Forum member who I don't recognize and all of his posts are just saying nice gun, very pretty wood. You get the idea. We can usually tell if the guy knows what he is talking about or he is just full of BS.

Just my opinion.

Cam.

·
Registered
60 Posts
So being a member for a year isn't good enough? And because I have more things to do in my life than sit at a computer and pass judgement. So Mr Judge who gets to decide was guilty and not. What's a reasonable time?! It's funny how much you sound like the anti gun liberal rhetoric. They know what is "reasonable" and what we should and shouldn't be allowed to do. And yet when we follow the rules, we are guilty.

Youve not spoken one word to me. But you know all about me. That interesting. So you know I graduated UT Austin with a bachelors degree at barely 20. And you know I joined the army and earned my Green Beret. You know I fought in 5 conflicts in 4 countries for nearly 10 years. You know a sniper got me in the lungs in Afghanistan. After an ied tore our Humvee apart. That I was in charge of my team. And refused to be carried. Refused to take it easy. And surely you know as we ran to our base I crossed the fence line and my heart stop from lack of blood. I had pumped it all out in the run. But none of my men were harmed.

I died for my men, my country. I live only because army surgical nurses are so good, and so mean they don't allow you to die. I fought for you to sit and judge people. You have that freedom thanks to men and women like me. But in America you are innocent until proven guilty. And in my opinion, you want to act like you know someone. Have the decency to ask.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Btw, why do I love Colts? My father carried Colts in Vietnam. Python as a sheriff. Etc. I carried a colt my whole combat career. Learned how to shoot with match targets and Diamondbacks. My full auto collection contains a Colt Thompson, colt m16 colt 901 with a legal drop in auto sear. You want to get a measure of me? All you had to do is ask.

I have no issues with anyone on here.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Unfortunately neither the number/type of posts or length of membership is a guarantee that everything is kosher, and I’m speaking from experience. If a person has never bought or sold on any particular forum or website there will always be an element of risk involved. You may be offended by people who are cautious but a “life story” rant doesn’t improve your position.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well how a person actually lived his life matters more to me than sitting behind a keyboard passing judgement against a person you've never even spoken to. Fact is this. I followed the rules set forth by your forum. I'm not the problem. People that sit, spew out a useless opinion and do absolutely nothing. Make it 200 posts. And 18 months. I mean you guys have all the answers. Or can you really not see the hypocrisy here? I followed the forum rules. I've done nothing wrong. You people are talking like I broke a rule. Whoever scammed you? Go confront him. Lol unreal you are unable to see your actions for what they are. Lastly the fact a veteran of the us military makes me look suspect? How interesting.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
Well how a person actually lived his life matters more to me than sitting behind a keyboard passing judgement against a person you've never even spoken to. Fact is this. I followed the rules set forth by your forum. I'm not the problem. People that sit, spew out a useless opinion and do absolutely nothing. Make it 200 posts. And 18 months. I mean you guys have all the answers. Or can you really not see the hypocrisy here? I followed the forum rules. I've done nothing wrong. You people are talking like I broke a rule. Whoever scammed you? Go confront him. Lol unreal you are unable to see your actions for what they are. Lastly the fact a veteran of the us military makes me look suspect? How interesting.
Ok. We are truly appreciative of your service. NO ONE has disrespected you in any way for you to start labeling others regarding their motives or behavior. As I can read, all have been very civil. At this point, your responses are not helping your perspective, they appear to be confirming the behavior you have labeled everyone else…

·
Registered
60 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I was perfectly ok until it was posted on here it should be required to do my posts and long. Which I'm fine with. I followed the rules, the forums rules. And face it, I'm basically called a scammer. and have been disrespected. And I guess y'all are ok with being accused and put in the same class as a thief. I've earned respect. I'm not remotely upset. I'm amazed at the level of hypocrisy. I look guilty because I'm stating facts? It's very simple. You are harassing a man with a past showing integrity. A man who followed the rules. And biggest point! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG than call certain people out for their stupid remarks. If your own rules don't suffice, shut up, quit whining. And change ylthe rules. Stop harassing honest people. Lol I can't wait for next comment saying I have to accept being insulted. No I don't.

·
Registered
1,608 Posts
I respectfully disagree. I was perfectly ok until it was posted on here it should be required to do my posts and long. Which I'm fine with. I followed the rules, the forums rules. And face it, I'm basically called a scammer. and have been disrespected. And I guess y'all are ok with being accused and put in the same class as a thief. I've earned respect. I'm not remotely upset. I'm amazed at the level of hypocrisy. I look guilty because I'm stating facts? It's very simple. You are harassing a man with a past showing integrity. A man who followed the rules. And biggest point! I HAVE DONE NOTHING WRONG than call certain people out for their stupid remarks. If your own rules don't suffice, shut up, quit whining. And change ylthe rules. Stop harassing honest people. Lol I can't wait for next comment saying I have to accept being insulted. No I don't.
Q. E. D.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Mitch, it appears that nothing will be solved by the continuance of this thread. Marvinthemartian, good luck with your sale. There are many forum members in Texas that I believe would enjoy purchasing one or all of your firearms.

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Mitch, it appears that nothing will be solved by the continuance of this thread. Marvinthemartian, good luck with your sale. There are many forum members in Texas that I believe would enjoy purchasing one or all of your firearms.
Agreed^^^^^

** Good luck with your sales **

Reactions: sublimert70

·
Premium Member
350 Posts
Marvin,

I posted this same text in your “For Sale” thread and will re-post it here. I have several friends who served in the 5th Group and the 7th Group including a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor. I appreciate and respect your service and sacrifice for our GREAT Nation.

Again . . . Posted below is the same text I posted in your “For Sale” thread. If I may be of assistance, please post here or send me a PM.

========================

I’m in the GREAT State of Texas myself. What area of this LARGE state do you call home. Perhaps I can help with your sales.

Understand please there has been a rash of fraudulent goings on and everyone just wants to be safe and confident with their purchases. I feel confident in saying this, but none of the members here mean to come off as rude as this has been a wonderful forum in my experience. Let me know if I can help.

========================

“Texas Forever!” :)

Take Care!
Tom

·
Premium Member
4,587 Posts
Marvin,

I posted this same text in your “For Sale” thread and will re-post it here. I have several friends who served in the 5th Group and the 7th Group including a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor. I appreciate and respect your service and sacrifice for our GREAT Nation.

Again . . . Posted below is the same text I posted in your “For Sale” thread. If I may be of assistance, please post here or send me a PM.

========================

I’m in the GREAT State of Texas myself. What area of this LARGE state do you call home. Perhaps I can help with your sales.

Understand please there has been a rash of fraudulent goings on and everyone just wants to be safe and confident with their purchases. I feel confident in saying this, but none of the members here mean to come off as rude as this has been a wonderful forum in my experience. Let me know if I can help.

========================

“Texas Forever!” :)

Take Care!
Tom
Very well stated ^^^^^

I too would like to take this time to say >>>> Thanks for your Service to our “Great Nation”. 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

1 - 20 of 69 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.