Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I stole it for $375. In Kalifornia of all places! I'll say about 85% condition. 5.5" bbl. Hooked front sight. Groove rear. Good bore. The hammer looks newer than the rest of the gun.

Immobile cylinder when the gun is in full lock up (just like my DS). Timing is good, the bolt falls into the notch just before hammer fall. Rubber grips that say Colt in an oval on it. Rampant Horse just above and behind the flat face cylinder release. Lanyard loop. 3216XX. Numbers on frame and crane match.

The barrel looks original (it flares out where the bbl meets the frame)but the caliber marking on the port side is closer to the cylinder than the front sight. Ditto with the patent markings (1905). Normal?

What year was this baby made?

Thanks!

------------------
Ask the Chief!

[This message has been edited by SnWnMe (edited 11-28-2004).]

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
Your gun was made in 1924. You did not state the caliber. If it is other than .45 Colt,you got BETTER than a very nice deal! Why do you say the hammer looks "newer"? Colt hammers were polished on the sides,blued on the top(but that wore off as the gun was cocked repeatedly). Bud

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Indeed, I forgot to post the caliber in my excitement. It's in 45LC. Yes, the sides of the hammer look real shiny. I can't remember what the top of it looks like.

Wow. 1924. Just a coupla years younger than my Pre-Woodsman!

------------------
Shoot it like you stole it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts