Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Did you pick that up from Eric? Very nice example. If i recall correctly it should be a 1981 Mfg date. Nice to know there is another Californian on line

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Gen 3 stocks would be correct for a 1981, not a 1961 gun.

Either way its a beautiful Python, congrats on a very nice pickup!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
With the K serial number prefix I got no production date info.
I lopped the K off and it came up 1961 Python.
Regardless, seems to be a very nice revolver.
I'm guessing it's unlike other handguns and vintage doubles, a guy only needs 1. Right?

·
Registered
173 Posts
That is a VERY nice revolver for your first one. I tend to buy the cheapest shooter I can find before buying a Colt Model I don't have. The temptation to shoot it is too great...

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Check out the DOB sticky at the top of the page. It indicates the K prefix is a 80's gun so your stocks are correct.

With respect to needing only one, most if not all of us here have a incurable disease that results in the spending of all disposal income for Colts. You can never only have one!!

Now that you have a blue 6" Python, you will need a 4", but two is not enough so next you will need a 2 1/2" snubbie Python. Of course the next step is to acquire a 8" and to finalize the collection the always difficult to find 3".

Then after the blue collection is complete you will need to start on the nickel collection to be followed by the stainless...

It never ends and is always incurable. :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts