Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’ve been keeping an eye out for a nice Colt Sauer especially after reading about a number of the Forum members’ rifles. Well, I finally hit pay dirt! After dipping my toes in the Gunbroker lake, I came across a 7 mm Magnum that came with the original box, manual, extra magazine and a period scope, a Bausch & Lomb Balvar 8B.

The gun is in 99% condition since the original owner shot a box or less and then decided it was too nice to hunt with... I was surprised when it arrived since the owner still had the original Sauer cardboard box!

The Gunbroker ad didn’t state the year and the Colt lookup Tool didn’t have the info. The S/N was near the end of the range and an email to the Colt Archives (thanks Paul!) confirmed it was made in 1984.

I’ve shot it a little and it’s a blast! It’ll make it to the range this week with some reloads and then on special occasions (e.g. when my daughter is in town). So, thanks to the Forum for giving me the bug to get one! Jack

·
Registered
9,436 Posts
They are great rifles...maybe the smoothest action of any hunting type rifle ever...even better than the Weatherby Mark V. They're expensive and always were but the best costs. I have two...one in 7mm RemMag and one in .30-06.

·
Registered
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They are great rifles...maybe the smoothest action of any hunting type rifle ever...even better than the Weatherby Mark V. They're expensive and always were but the best costs. I have two...one in 7mm RemMag and one in .30-06.

Thanks Bruce. One of your earlier Colt Sauer posts was one that got me on this path!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts