Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is the history of the little three point, coin size screw driver with the Colt logo on it. I was looking through a nice Colt collecton a few days back and noticed on of these items as part of a "New In The Box" Pocket Positive. I asked the collector if that screw driver came in that box? and he related that it was in there when he traded for it back in the late thirties.. Did these screw drivers come in all new Colt purchases, if so when did they start and when did they stop??????? Thanks..

·
Registered
570 Posts
Henri: I am no expert on the issue of Colt screwdrivers, but having made that confession I would be surprised if they were included with a Pocket Positive purchased in the 1930's. There was a discussion some months ago on the Forum on screwdrivers and those more knowledgeable than I suggested that they were a mid-50's creation. Take a look at that discussion at
http://www.unitedforums.com/forums/gunforums/cf/Forum7/HTML/000383.html

and hopefully it will give you some more information on the Colt factory screwdrivers. HTH

Charlie Flick

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Charlie, I enjoy trivia information. Many times these little items are overlooked. Thanks again for the information Henri

1 - 3 of 3 Posts