Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm trying to decide what type of holster would work for my Trooper Mk III with the odd-sized 5" bbl. I'm wanting just a basic belt holster but would like to know if there were any holsters made for the 5" version - I'm guessing the Florida HP had some specially designed rigs - but are there others? If not, I guess I have to decide between open-muzzle 4" designs or closed 6" versions. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
No suggestions, just some advice ...

order the custom holster of your choice, or prepare for a protracted search.

and if it were me, I'd order the custom leather.

·
Registered
586 Posts
I've had pretty good luck on Ebay. So far I've found a Safety Speed cross draw holster in black basketweave made for 5" revolvers and a plain black Safety Speed thumb break duty holster also made for 5" revolvers. Also a black Lewis Police Special cross draw made for 5" revolvers. They're out there, you just have to keep an eye out for them.

·
Registered
256 Posts
There were lots of 5" holsters made for K-frame S&What ya macallit's. I know from personal experience that the Trooper will fit, sometimes a little tight. Back in the day I had a complete Dom Hume River belt with all the accessories and switched guns all the time, not the holster.:D

Good luck on your hunt;
Daryl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts