Colt Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm really pleased to see the number of people who are viewing search results when I check who is online. There is a wealth of information already posted, but sometimes you have to be creative with your search objects and time spans. I probably won't retire quite yet though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Thank God for that because the only unworkable thing for me with this forum IS the search-function, I always get no results because of the time span. I tried it over and over again but I must be doing something wrong.

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
[ QUOTE ]
I've had some difficulty with the search function too.

[/ QUOTE ]
It is not as rich in function as other search engines such as Google. It seems to disallow short search objects. The "+" apparently cannot have a space after it as required by other engines. There seems to be a 200 limit on returns which requires that you search several time spans if you use targets that are common. Yes, I too have had some difficulty, but I am not usually searching "blindly". I usually have a specific post in mind and try to remember something unique to narrow it down. BTW I posted this in this category because I didn't want to drop the raffle post out of sight and this pertained to new users. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts