Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Friends,

My grandma just found one of her deceased husbands guns when cleaning out his man cave. Looks to be a .32 auto 1903 Model , SN in the lower 13,000's and obviously not used in many decades (he died in 45 years ago). It has black grips BROWNING's Patent plus other etching. Some wear on the trigger and tip of the barrel. He must have holstered the gun. But little wear considering the age.

I am an avid hunting rifle guy and love my old .22 cal Colteer given to me by my Grandpa when I was 11 and went on my first solo overnight horseback trip (in Montana). Yeah obviously this was just for psychological comfort. Thankfully no grizzled bears raided my camp. lol

What is the story with these pistols from your guys take. Grandma is wanting money for the damn mddical expenses and I realized thi might be worth selling. Where would you sell it and what might be the range I could ask?

Gratefully ,

Guns&Guitars

·
Registered
502 Posts
These have gotten pricey lately. If this could be from your Grandpa, I would suggest buying it from Grandma. If you let it get away, you regret it for a long time.

Charlie

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you for the quick reply! It is definitely from my grandpa but my grandma needs the money (psychologically even) more than I need the gun. I think getting something from her husband would be good for her on a couple levels. lol

Can I ask what you mean by pricey lately? :eek:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow! What a spectacular picture and collection. Thanks for posting. African theme on the inlays? Is it a custom made guitar? Also that gold plated revolver is sweet! Actually everything is. I would love to hear you wax about the stuff a bit......

·
Registered
56 Posts
It's always easier to spend another mans money but having said that, I agree with Walter Ego and Spacecoast1. Family heirlooms are irreplaceable. If you can part with the cash do as suggested and give Granny the money. Hold the gun for a few years and then decide to keep or sell. Definitely get some pics and post them here if you can, you'll get a lot more feedback.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
If it's a nice gun and the barrel is not pitted give your Grandma $1000.00 for it and keep it. It will help her out and you will have a family heirloom.
I just purchased a 1903 from 1905 that is pitted with no finish (but shoots great) for $300.00. So expect anything up from that....

·
Registered
5,480 Posts
Put up some pics. This thread might go well on ei8ht's hammerless thread.
The plunge cut serrations on the slide are attractive, but were eliminated around ~25k.
Depending on what the exterior features are like, and what the over condition is, the thing might have more value than you might think.
Regardless, it would be a kind and noble thing to offer Grandma a grand for it.

·
Premium Member
828 Posts
Guns & Guitars, you are a stand up kinda guy! That was well played! Now, we really want to see pics of what you bought! If it's in top shape, you just might've paid market price.

·
Registered
3,180 Posts
There is a "Sticky" in the Photo's Area forum with a step by step tutorial on posting pic's from your computer.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts