Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,472 Posts
Wow. Hit it big on this one. According to several Google hits Wilson was the agent that did the work that brought down Al Capone on tax evasion. He had quite a career. Great Colt.

·
Registered
12,832 Posts
Isn't that interesting!

Wow...what a long shot!

Looks like it was carried little and well cared for, and, put away safely after that.

·
Registered
833 Posts
This is why I letter all my Colt's, you never know where that old Colt has been.
I couldn't agree with you more!

There have been some posts recently concerning the pros, & cons of spending the money for a letter.

I have two that personally that have paid off in spades. One is a 1877 Thunderer that lettered to Caldwell Hart Colt, son of Sam, & an Officer's Model Target that lettered to famous trick shooter Gus Peret, nephew of Rex Applegate.

Joseph A. Lorch is associated with many high profile, and well known personalities.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
16 guns in shipment. So was he just the authorized person to receive them for the SS? Were they all the same configuration?

·
Registered
3,564 Posts
Wow! Persistence pays off! What a showpiece that is with the letter and a beautiful looking weapon, too. Congrats, indeed!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts