Colt Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7,025 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the market for a new .45ACP target gun. I particularly like the 2 tone SCG, however that particular model is not currently being offered by Colt. Should I:

- Try to find a NIB or LNIB 2 tone SCG
or
- Purchase a new blue Gold Cup and customize it to be a similar gun to the SCG?

Just wanting to get some opinions from the board. The idea of a custom GC project seems fun, but of course the gun would no longer be original.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have had both, a 1988 stainless Gold Cup and a 2005 SCG in hard chrome. The SCG is my favorite. It has all of the features of a custom gun and everything I was looking for. Prior to finding one, I called Colt and asked for a recommendation on the "best" 1911-their answer was the SCG. When you pick one up, you can feel the quality. The only thing that could be improved is the memory bump on the grip safety could be enlarged to ensure firing, even with a less than perfect grip. Another wish would have been the "100 anniversary" stamp on the 2011 model, but I read somewhere that the stamping was not offered on the SCG models-too bad! The SCG also comes with a factory test target so you can see the accuracy potential of the pistol. Good luck on your search!

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
I'd agree with leswad; they hit gunbroker once in a while. I think, too, that you would find the Special Combat shoot better than if you modified a Gold Cup. And then it would not be a two-tone unless you used a stainless GC frame and fitted it with a blued slide.

I'd like to see that combo with these two:

But my heart still lies with this piece:

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Oh, I dunno...I still like my ugly old NM Gold Cup. This one customized with a custom shop 4.0lb trigger job.
Bob

·
Premium Member
12,527 Posts
Oh, I dunno...I still like my ugly old NM Gold Cup. This one customized with a custom shop 4.0lb trigger job.
Bob
I wouldn't give you a nickle for that ugly old Gold Cup. ;) But, I'd still sell half my soul for it. Beautiful gun Bob!!

·
Registered
35 Posts
If anyone knows where to get a SCG Carry model NIB, please let me know. Have been looking for months. I called Colt and they said they will start building them again in either Sept or Oct but I can't wait that long! I have the itch!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.