Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone give a good recommendation for a shoulder holster that I could use for a 6" Python or 5 1/2" New Service? I'm not concerned about concealment, I would be wearing it under a parka. Not concerned about two-legged critters, either.

My place is pretty remote. Last week, timberwolves killed a deer on my driveway, so I've been lugging a .30-.30 when I go out to exercise my dogs (they're tough, but no match for wolves). Wore a belt holster today, but it would be harder to get at than a shoulder model.
Would prefer leather - anybody happy with a certain brand out there? Any to avoid?

Thanks for any input.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I have a Bianchi leather shoulder holster that fits a 6" Python nicely and a leather belt holster for the 6" Python as well. Both are QUALITY, but I never really liked the shoulder holster much (hard to put on) and it just sits in a closet now. Yeah, I'd sell it ... expensive holster if somebody appreciated a serious quality holster. I sometimes carry a python on my belt, but they tend to get heavy. Have been using the Mill Tech bandolier (sp?) holsters of late for hunting purposes and really like them, especially for scoped handguns. They are very adjustable, light, and protect the gun. Uncle Mikes also makes one.

·
Registered
909 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, RF. I'll check out MilTech. I remember when the Bianchi X-15 was the best shoulder rig, don't know if they still make them for the Python. If you want to unload yours, give me a good description and let me know.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts