Colt Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am rather new to Colt collecting and am interested in Lightning (I now have 3) and around the turn of the century military revolvers (several).
At a gun show today I picked up a 2 & 1/2” barrel lightning and what I think to be a 3[SUP]rd[/SUP] generation Officers Model Target .38 (HEAVY BARREL). I have looked in 34[SUP]th[/SUP] edition Blue Book by Fjestad and the thinner Blue Book Colt pocket guide trying to pin point the exact model with only marginal success.
The gun’s serial # located on the crane & frame is 613870, if I’m correct, puts the manufacture date as 1930. Within the Standard Catalog of Firearms (the photos help) I found the frame at least, but can’t find the particular adjustable (front and rear) sites that are on my gun. This leads me to believe, along with the fact that the gun has custom grips, that it has been modified or had a conversion job done. I know one thing – that the single action trigger breaks like glass with what feels like a 1&1/2 to 2# pull.
I would like to know exactly what I have and of course the value for insurance purposes.
If someone would let me know how to post the photos I would be glad to put them up.
Thanks
[email protected]

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Easiest way to post the photos is to put them on photobucket or another image hosting website and then use the forum software and picture URL to put them in your thread.

Or, send them to a member with a photobucket account and have them do it for you.

·
Premium Member
3,396 Posts
I dont know much about lightnings.. But I know ALOT about Ropers. Your officers model is a REAL gem. Roper sights and smoking hot Roper stocks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.