Colt Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5,883 Posts
The 1903 does look better than the 1908, but the money is pretty far out of line on either if 'em.
I am not against restored & refinished guns; just the crazy money on 'em.

·
Registered
2,656 Posts
Not to nitpick but he also has listed an H&R nickel top break .32 that looks renewed as well. What should be sharp edges seem too rounded to me.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
The top 20 bids were by two relative newbies, and one could have been a shill bidder.

·
Premium Member
2,200 Posts
The seller makes no claims that they are, but the MOP stocks are not factory. The escutcheons and the shapes of both the tops and bottoms of the panels are not correct. The stocks are nice, and are probably period, but the fact that they are not original factory also speaks to the bidding being way over-priced.

·
Registered
76 Posts
How about Remington 1903a3 with sanded/cleaned stock that went over $3000 from the same seller?

Or "Super" Erfurt 1916 Luger with what looks like are not original grips?

·
Registered
10,532 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Not to nitpick but he also has listed an H&R nickel top break .32 that looks renewed as well. What should be sharp edges seem too rounded to me.
The H&R is how I stumbled upon the other guns. That gun is 100% correct. I buy and sell H&Rs probably more than any other brand of revolver so can say without hesitation that one is correct and probably the nicest one I've ever seen.
I have a similar one in blue that also appears to be brand new and unfired. I got lucky and snagged it for a buy it now of $70 right after it was listed.
It's hard to find H&Rs in like new condition. Most were bought by the average guy that needed a budget priced revolver so they got used and used hard.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts