Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend has a new in the box Colt .22 match target hand gun. I did not copy the SN, but I believe this is from about 1958-1960.I think he bought this gun about the same time he bought his Colt .22 Challenger. It has the original brown hard rubber grips with thumb rest. I told him I will buy it, but want to make sure I give him a fair price.
Can anyone give me a value on this baby?

·
Registered
150 Posts
If the gun is truly NIB, it is quite valuable, dependent upon a few conditions. First, is it a 4 1/2 or 6 in. barrel? The 4 1/2 in. is the more desirable-and therefore more valuable- of the two. If your date of purchase is correct (if you included the serial # I'd know exactly) it should be a third model which means a couple of things: the grips should be black plastic(not rubber) and the mag. release will be at the bottom rear of the grip. You can look at the auction and classified sites on the web to get a general idea of value, but as a rough estimate I'd say a NIB 4 1/2 in. third model should bring $800-$1000, the 6 in. slightly less. What it should bring depends, of course, on finding a buyer, but these are pretty desirable guns. Since he didn't pay that much for it-and he's a friend- maybe you can agree on a middle ground. Anyway, nice gun-good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts