Colt Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
559 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not really, but I couldn't help thinking of these two as fraternal twins. These 44's have SNs about 3K apart and were birthed in 1898. They have basically aged in the same manner. Case colors turning silver and blue aging about the same. Both have sharp metal and show little wear and no abuse. They came to me several years apart and from different sources so I doubt they have seen each other from birth. Not great guns, but striking in their similarity of condition. I think they wear their age well for two non-combatants.

·
Registered
5,851 Posts
Those are two Gorgeous revolvers! I like my SAA to be in that condition, used, but not abused!!! Thanks for posting those great photos and I would be very proud to own them!

·
Registered
359 Posts
Fantastic!!
I wish I had more funds, oh well. A side note, my father was in the ArmyAirCorps during WWII and his early duty station before going to Iwo Jima was Ft Hood, Tx. My mother was a WAC there. Both were Lts. My mother was actually dating one of the King family sons. She saw my father and it was love at first sight. Irony and happy ending-if she married into the King Ranch family she would be wealthy. Since she married my dad I am here. Poor but happy!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts