Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One thing I’ve seen a lot on this forum are members who regretfully let a cherished firearm get away from them and try to hunt them down in auctions and gun shows. I thought it would be helpful to have one place where members can post old serial numbers and either be reunited or at least find out where their old firearms ended up.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
While that is a well intentioned and noble idea, I really don't ever see it happening here (or any other public forum).
As goosey as the general public is getting about guns, I don't see people volunteering serial numbers of the guns they own. It also opens another door for scamming folks. Everyone I have dealt with on here is open and honest but we have seen scammers pop up who appear to be long-time members.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can understand peoples hesitation to post serial numbers of firearms they currently own and I am as well. However, my hope is that people would be willing to post serial numbers of firearms no longer in their possession. If a match were to be made they could reach out via PM and use best judgement for scammers.

·
Premium Member
568 Posts
I have not sold a gun out of my collection in over 30 years. I don't think I could live with myself if I did. Lol

·
Registered
2,601 Posts
I can understand peoples hesitation to post serial numbers of firearms they currently own and I am as well. However, my hope is that people would be willing to post serial numbers of firearms no longer in their possession. If a match were to be made they could reach out via PM and use best judgement for scammers.
Just my 2 cents here: If the Gov-Mint is going to take our guns, then they will take them ALL. Even your GGG Grandfather's flintlock will not be safe, as proven about two years ago with an arrest in New Jersey. And that is why I have posted SN's in this forum.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts