Colt Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I found a minty python 6" blued and was wondering when it was made. Can anyone help? Also, any ideas as to worth? This is my first visit to the forum, and my first Colt, so apologies if this is common knowlege here. I tried searching a lot and couldn't come up with much.

·
Banned
1,130 Posts
gun was made sometime after 1978, the finest post war revolver ever made, really more of a piece of art you can shoot.value 450-1500 depending on condition. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice, thanks! This one may be too nice to actually shoot -- it seems unfired. It's 6", blued, with only the tiniest two nicks in the bluing on the right side of the barrel (each much smaller than a pinhead or a period at the end of a sentence). This Python will probably have to live on as a piece of art only. Is there any upper limit for date of manufacture with a V serial number?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Excellent. I was told when I found her that she was probably made in the early 1980's. 1979 is even better. That was a great year. Ah, the 1970s were a wonderful in so many ways.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts