Colt Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been helping a friend who is in his mid 80's try and complete his long time collection of Colt's. He is trying to get every serial number from 0 through 100 in any type of Colt handgun. He does not care if it is a Walker or a Woodsman. Should any Forum members come across one of the following numbers that are available I would appreciate the lead. He has all but 29 numbers and they are as follows:

15, 24, 26, 27, 29, 30, 31, 37, 40, 48, 50, 51, 53, 56, 60, 65, 67, 68, 71, 74, 75, 81, 83, 86, 89, 90, 92, 98, 99

Thanks for any and all assistance.

·
Registered
223 Posts
Quite interesting collection.

Do you know which Colts he has with serial #s 0 & 1?

I know the original 1911 is numbered 0 but I'm pretty sure it's still in Ogden. ;)

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
Incredible to think of even having a 1 , a 2 , or a 3; even more-so when you think about what he already has !

Just to have 100 consecutive numbered Colts would be amazing; but imagine having a pictorial book with each one highlighted.

·
Premium Member
20,545 Posts
Incredible to think of even having a 1 , a 2 , or a 3; even more-so when you think about what he already has !

Just to have 100 consecutive numbered Colts would be amazing; but imagine having a pictorial book with each one highlighted.
Ronnie, I hope he does allow a book to be published with the guns he owns pictured in it!!

·
Registered
11,373 Posts

I know the original 1911 is numbered 0 but I'm pretty sure it's still in Ogden. ;)
Could you provide more information on the original Colt 1911 serial number 0 ?

·
Registered
6,550 Posts
Cam,
I'm a little confused but I think what your friend is looking for is 100 consecutively numbered Colts, of any variety. So, if I'm correct, #30 could be a Python and #31 could be a Shooting Master? (Like you'd really let him have Shooting Master #31;))

·
Registered
10,833 Posts
I have CAR15A2 #86 but he said he was looking for Colt handguns.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Cam,
I'm a little confused but I think what your friend is looking for is 100 consecutively numbered Colts, of any variety. So, if I'm correct, #30 could be a Python and #31 could be a Shooting Master? (Like you'd really let him have Shooting Master #31;))

Rick

Yes you are correct. While there could be a Python serial number 30 the Shooting Master started in the 328,xxx range but I am now being technical. He now has just about all of the different model Colt handguns represented. So any model Colt handgun with one of the above serial numbers is what he is looking for. I am putting this out on the Forum in hopes that someone has one or more of these that they are willing to part with. I have pulled several from my collection and sent them to him to fill open spots. This will be a display of displays once it is completed and I will post pictures of it although I expect it will be in the Rampant Colt magazine as well as others. If he can accomplish this I don't think it will ever be equaled. Because of his age old father time is working against him so we are stepping up the search.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Yes, I have been helping him so I have a list of all the numbers and guns that he has. He has several of some of the numbers and the serial number 0 is a New Police. In the number 1 he has the following: 1878 revolver, Official Police, 1896 revolver and a Root carbine rifle.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
When I was at the Browning Firearm Museum in Ogden I asked if the original was number 1. Their reply was it was actually numbered "0".

Yes, there are more serial number zero's that most realize. There is a Colt New Service S/N 0 and it is in the Woolaroc Museum in Oklahoma.

He also has at least one photo type that does not have any serial number.

·
The Consummate Collector
7,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You have to remember that this man has been collecting Colts for the last 65 years. Back when he started you could get a nice SAA for a few hundred dollars.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts