Colt Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,
I'm a Newbie here and to non-WW2 1911a1's, hope I get this right.
I am looking at a Series 70 GCNM/22 conversion kit combo. My question is: Did Colt release such a package, 45acp & 22 kit, as a single package?
Inputs & comments greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,947 Posts
Welcome to the Forum,
I've never seen a Colt marked "combo" (Gold Cup/ Conversion Unit) sold together.

·
Registered
11,463 Posts
I have seen pistols and conversion units that were ordered together, but they are just sent as separate units.

How is this combo unit you are looking at packaged?

·
Premium Member
2,159 Posts
Hello All,
I'm a Newbie here and to non-WW2 1911a1's, hope I get this right.
I am looking at a Series 70 GCNM/22 conversion kit combo. My question is: Did Colt release such a package, 45acp & 22 kit, as a single package?
Inputs & comments greatly appreciated.
joe1969,

Welcome to the forum!

Most likely not. Back in the late 30s - early 40s, Colt offered Model O cases (sold and shipped as an option). They did offer a Pistol/Conversion Unit case. (Some old pictures on file. SM is wet.)

Best Regards,

P.S. For the forum: Does that (elusive) Colt three piece cased set exist,---Stevens Super Match, with the .45 - .22 and the .22 - .45 conversion units!?;)

Attachments

·
Registered
781 Posts
I happen to have just the exact set up that you referring to, however, mine is just the luck of the draw. I was at the local gunshop about 15 or so years ago and saw this exact set up sitting in a box. No, they were not a set or purported to be such. But nevertheless there they were and I bought them for $1K and I am glad I did. Both are very fun and pleasing to shoot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts