Colt Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
I've never seen them before either. I'd like to see some description on the box end flaps. Same as the Kodiak with the standard manuals? No Colt medallion on the grips? Another Colt letter deal, or some documentation would be necessary for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
You read my mind. I asked the seller to post pictures of the box end flaps showing the labels. We'll see if that happens. Just too "special" to believe without some factory documentation.

·
Registered
4,648 Posts
I've seen the set before. They do exist.
They do not show up for sale very often that's for damn sure. I've only seen one or 2 other sets for sale in years of searching shows & the internet. I can't recall the pricing, but it wasn't cheap in any way shape or form or I could be showing you pictures of my set. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff (GUNKWAZY)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Not seeing much bidding activity. Since they appear to be authentic, I would expect this to go crazy at the end. Of course, AuctionArms still doesn't have quite the popularity of GunBroker. These don't exactly "float my boat", but looks like a pretty good deal for the Colt collector who must have everything. I'd like to see some pics of the right side of the barrels. A good view of the "Colt Mfg Co" stamp might change my whole attitude.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Sold $3,036. What's the feal on this? High? Low? I put in a bid for $3,000 but missed out...I figured it would be worth a shot...

·
The Searcher
11,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I think the only gauge of value on so few items is what the auction brought. They don't appeal to me - I don't like the title. If they left out the "of" it would have been better. I see them as just three guns at $1012 each. Is that high or low? JMO :cool:

·
Registered
759 Posts
Isn't serpentine what they use for removing paint from snakes? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

1 - 12 of 12 Posts