Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have one on the ways and it is running goodyears currently. What are the correct grips for this and can you point me to a place I may procure them? I am not interested in the target grips, and would like to keep it simple.

TIA

·
Registered
337 Posts
I'm not 100% positive, so hopefully someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but these just came up for sale on the forum a few days ago and I think they are what you are looking for: http://www.coltforum.com/forums/want-sell/65334-colt-diamondback-grips.html (narrow service stocks on the far right in the pictures). You can also search on GunBroker.com for used ones a little cheaper.

For your model I'm not sure if the medallions should be gold or silver though, so that would be good information to get before you purchase. Good luck.

CC3

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Coltcowboy was right. The have a square butt but made for the 66 and later d-frame guns. These were sometimes fitted to the police positive as well. If you know what to look for, they sometimes come up on ebay for a good price.

·
Premium Member
6,554 Posts
Early 50's era cobra stocks were square butt for the longer barreled guns but the metal grip frame was longer than the 66 and later d frame guns so they will not look right even if they were to "fit".

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.