Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm sure there are many on the Forum like me who enjoy shooting their Colt SM Ace, Colt .22LR Conversion Units, Kart 1911 .22LR Conversion Unit, or any other that uses Colt or Metalform .22LR magazines. I use a variety of OEM Colt magazines but most of mine have the plastic followers VS the pot metal ones. Here is a solution to the worn out magazine follower "shelf" that activates the slide hold open. Marvel Precision, who produces top flight 1911 .22 Conversion Unit's also manufacture these direct replacement magazine followers for Colt or Metalform .22LR magazines. Their magazine follower is plastic but with a steel insert for the slide hold open. They work perfectly. Cost is $15 each.
I have no personal affiliation with Marvel Precision other than owning 2 of their excellent 1911 .22 Conversion Units.
Here is a link to their website: https://www.marvelprecision.com/
Click on the pic's for a larger view:

IMG_2060.jpg IMG_2061.jpg IMG_2014.jpg

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Do you have a link to the actual follower, I cannot seem to find them.

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is no direct link. Go to, and click on the "order" tab. Click on "Accessories/Maint.Form". At the very bottom of the page is the order form listing for the followers. Call or email Marvel to order.

·
Registered
7,412 Posts
Okay thanks. Found them.
I repaired one years ago using a steel screw, but an aluminum screw works and is easy to work on. But for the price of these its not worth the hassle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts