Colt Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Govt model 45 acp in box with papers, like new. Stainless
650.00 + shipping SOLD

New Service 44-40, super tight gun, original colt hard rubber grips. gun has been refinished.
550.00 + shipping

New Service 45 colt, 7.5", super tight and smooth action, colt hard rubber grips. Has been refinished
675.00 + shipping

Colt 1901 Army 38 spc, original walnut grips. super nice gun. tight action. no lanyard loop.
500.00 + shipping

Colt S70 govt models (2) blue, all original, nice tight guns. 775.00 + shipping each.

Series 80 transitional commander. 38 super. Professionally rebuilt with ED Brown products and topped with a Damascus slide. Novak tritium sights. Gun is brand new from rebuild. 1700.00 + shipping.

email for additional info.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
since I have had numerous views and no replies I must ask, Are these listed too high? Open to interesting trades as well. thx, T

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
ACKF; I can only speak for the New Services,of which I have "a few",and the prices DO NOT seem too high(w/o seeing the guns "in person".)

When I began seriously collecting N.S.models a tad over 20 years ago,they were fairly reasonable,and were viewed by some as "the poor mans' SAA,as they came in such a variety of calibers,like the SAA's. Being mostly a shooter/reloader,I appreciated their strength and variety of calibers. I have every caliber,except the very rare .476 Eley.

It is hard to find an original New Service;many have been refinished,and sadly, many converted to other calibers,and butchered into "target models" and cut down by too many "kitchen table gunsmiths". This has been very predominate in the 1917 Army Models(over 150k made) and the 1914-15 British ,455s(over 55k made).

So,no I don't think they are overpriced,especially with original grips and "no modifications". I do think they are underappreciated by most modern collectors,and while NOT up to the SAA price range,it is difficult to find an Original,unrefinished N.S. in 98%+ shape for under 1k these days(unless it is from a private sale,estate auction/ sale,or dealer who hasn't done his homework.

BUT,as you can see,the classifieds here get few hits(as does this Forum in general)when compared with the S&W Forum. I have listed several items(not guns) for Colts here,with no replies,then sold them with in hours over on the S&W Forum. Yes,some of us like and collect S&Ws too.

Good Luck,and of course this is just MY opinion.

Bud /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

1 - 3 of 3 Posts