Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, thanks in advance for your help. I have an SF-VI 2" in matt SS finish, with a bobbed hammer. I've seen these on GB sell, but they have a standard hammer. Is the bobbed hammer rare? What do these sell for. I will be selling it since I never shot the gun after buying it back in the late 90's. At that time, I was told it was only shot a few times. I would say the condition is LNIB. I also have all the factory paper work. I need some insight as to the value. You can always reach me at [email protected]

Thanks, SF_VI AKA.... Brian

·
Registered
2,451 Posts
IIRC the bobbed hammer was a standard issue from Colt but not all of them came that way.There was a special offering called The Special Lady that had the bobbed hammer,polished STS finish with Special Lady stamped on it.I just don't remember if it was the DS-II or the SF-VI that was used for this offering.By the way welcome to the forum.The SF-VI brings pretty good money.JMO D*

·
Premium Member
19,463 Posts
SF_VI: Welcome to the Forum. I have 3 SF-VI's and one is the 'bobbed hammer' version. All of the SF-VI's and their follow-on DS-II's sell quite high despite what the Blue Book of Gun Values shows. I would place the price range as $1000 to $1800 depending on condition/box etc. Of course, the best venue for selling will be Nationally on a website like GunBroker. You might even consider offering it on this Forum when you have enough post to meet the requirement for Want To Sell section.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I want to thank everyone for the info. This site has soooooo much to read and the knowledge is great. I just want to clean house and get the right money for my Colts. Thanks again and keep filling my head with good knowledge.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts