Colt Forum banner
  • Have you found any great Black Friday deal!? Share them in this post HERE for a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would like to know the value of a SF-VI LNIB with all the papers, hard blue case and cardboard sleeve. It's matt SS and a bobbed hammer. I was told less than 30 rounds through it, and it has no line on the cylinder like some that have been shot after a few hundred rounds. How rare are these? I'm told less than 10,000 made and only about half had bobbed hammer......REALLY? Thanks for the feedback.

Gun Firearm Revolver Trigger Starting pistol
Gun Revolver Firearm Starting pistol Trigger
Revolver Auto part Alloy wheel Rim Wheel
Automotive exterior
Font Signage Label

·
Premium Member
21,219 Posts
There is an earlier Thread on the SF-VI that details serial numbers and production. I believe you are correct that about 10K SF-VI's were made. I suspect that well less than 1/2 were of the 'bobbed hammer' variety. As a guess, I will estimate no more than 1/3 may have been of that variety-- about 3,000, maybe less. I own 3 SF-VI's and only 1 has the 'bobbed hammer.'

·
Registered
5 Posts
Colt .38 spl. SF-VI 4"

Looking for information on a cost of an above listed revolver. Was in a gun shop in Southern Wisconsin today and was shown a 4" barreled SF/6. Matte Stainless almost looked hard chromed, it wasn't, owner looking to set a fair and reasonable price on it. It is in approx. 95-98%. Made in 1996, of supposedly less than 100. Please help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts