Colt Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...but I'll bet she can dance!
Now that she’s had a proper bath and my fleabay Gen 2 grips arrived, here she is. I think the $76.50 grips match the condition of the Python very well. Grips fit great but I’ll have to work on the alignment hole of the right grip a little. With all of the high condition Python's out there I felt I needed to show what they could look like:cool: I’m pleased with my latest acquisition.
Colt Python 4inch 1965 WORN 001 (1024x594).jpg Colt Python 4inch 1965 WORN 002 (1024x657).jpg Colt Python 4inch 1965 WORN 003 (1024x799).jpg Colt Python 4inch 1965 WORN 004 (1024x536).jpg Colt Python 4inch 1965 Backstrap 001 (1024x404).jpg

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Dance with the one that brung ya.

·
*** ColtForum MVP ***
15,609 Posts
Going on the basis that the Python was intended to be a users gun and the 4 inch was made to meet the demand of police for it, the Python doesn't have to be in work of art condition.
There's nothing wrong with a working condition Python.

Also remember that Swamprat can restore the grips to like new.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That revolver looks great to me!

A safe queen is nice but a shooter is better.
I have a 4 inch Python with just enough wear to carry to the woods & the range.

GGF

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
I have only this 1977 six inch that spent its life in a holster. It shot a few .357s, but mostly anemic .38Spl qualification reloads. But, for the money ($0.00), the price was right.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
My favorite Python is a "shooter grade" gun. I don't have to worry about putting it down at the range and getting wear. Nice gun.

I have never seen a Python with a chrome (maybe nickel?) trigger. Is there a story about that? Seems to match the hammer nicely.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I have never seen a Python with a chrome (maybe nickel?) trigger. Is there a story about that? Seems to match the hammer nicely.
The hammer and trigger had been hard chromed by the previous owner.

Took her out for our first dance yesterday morning and she is indeed a good dancer. Although the D/A is very smooth I was only able to group about 4-5". The S/A 6 shot groups however were great for this old guy, measuring in at around 2" at 10 yards. Guess she likes to slow dance. I was going to post pix, but in my haste to get to the range I forgot my C-Phone.
Thank you all for your comments!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts