Colt Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
SHERIFF\'S MODEL COLT

has anyone out there had work done by a really great gunsmith named JERRY KLUFAS from NUTLEY, N.J.
JERRY specialiazed in COLT SINGLE ACTIONS, and many times the COLT CUSTOM SHOP would refer work to him.
JERRY made me, on my frame, a sheriff's modelthat was outstanding. he also made two double barrel 45-70 rifles, from COLT OUTSIDE HAMMER SHOTGUNS, of which i have one.
JERRY had an article or two done on his work which featured the aforementioned rifles.
although he isn't with us any more his work will live on.
if anyone had work done by him, let me know.
thanks
jimmy b

·
Registered
5 Posts
Jerry was an ARTIST

Jimmy -
If you're still out there, Jerry (and his wife Dotty) were very close friends of my family. I have quite a few examples of "JK" work. Glad you have one his Sheriff's Models; I'll bet it's a fine gun with perfect timing. Bet the .45-70's are nice too - Jerry LOVED the caliber, and his Marlin lever chambered for it - with his custom removable claw mount - was his pride and joy.

has anyone out there had work done by a really great gunsmith named JERRY KLUFAS from NUTLEY, N.J.
JERRY specialiazed in COLT SINGLE ACTIONS, and many times the COLT CUSTOM SHOP would refer work to him.
JERRY made me, on my frame, a sheriff's modelthat was outstanding. he also made two double barrel 45-70 rifles, from COLT OUTSIDE HAMMER SHOTGUNS, of which i have one.
JERRY had an article or two done on his work which featured the aforementioned rifles.
although he isn't with us any more his work will live on.
if anyone had work done by him, let me know.
thanks
jimmy b

1 - 2 of 2 Posts