Colt Forum banner
1 - 5 of 12 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I have seen recent versions of the Colt Sheriff's Model (with three and four inch barrels).
I would like to see photos of an original Sheriff's Model with "hump" (without frame modification).
Keith Cochran, Colt Peacemaker Ready Reference Handbook, lists Bull-barrel (nontapered), Long Barrel (7 1/2 inches), and Sharp Frame (1884) Sheriff's Models; I would like to see photos of any of these models.
Many Thanks
greyman

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Outstanding, but is there a bull barrel or sharp frame model among them? I could not detect one; I am a novice. Isn't Cochran considered a highly respected authority on Colt Single Actions? I apparently was misinformed about the existence of an early hump frame model - a
Sheriff's Model with unmodified frame (no ejector rod hole drilled in frame) and sans ejector and assembly.

· Registered
575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
I have A Study of the Colt Single Action Army Revolver by Graham, Kopec, and Moore; it is leather bound and has letter from Kopec to original owner inside. When I saw it, I bought it!
People on the Forum are outstanding! Always learning something new!

1 - 5 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.