Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was trying to think ot TV westerns that showed guys using either Colt Sheriffs Models or cut down SAAs. Here's David Carradine in the show "Shane". Dr. Loveless on "The Wild Wild West", The one piece Ojala rig Audie Murphy used in "Whispering Smith" but not the gun. Bob Arganbright owns it and this is his picture. Gene Barry as Bat Masterson, of course, and Richard Boone as "Hec Ramsey". His is a very short cut down Colt with standard SAA frame for ejector rod. That's all that comes to mind now.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
I was trying to think ot TV westerns that showed guys using either Colt Sheriffs Models or cut down SAAs. Here's David Carradine in the show "Shane". Dr. Loveless on "The Wild Wild West", The one piece Ojala rig Audie Murphy used in "Whispering Smith" but not the gun. Bob Arganbright owns it and this is his picture. Gene Barry as Bat Masterson, of course, and Richard Boone as "Hec Ramsey". His is a very short cut down Colt with standard SAA frame for ejector rod. That's all that comes to mind now.

Although I didn't watch the Deadwood series at the time it was being filmed, I did buy the 3 years of episodes. About half way thru the 3 years, a nickeled 3-1/2" or 4" Colt SAA Sheriff Model made an appearance. I think it was in the hand of Sol Star (John Hawkes).

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although I didn't watch the Deadwood series at the time it was being filmed, I did buy the 3 years of episodes. About half way thru the 3 years, a nickeled 3-1/2" or 4" Colt SAA Sheriff Model made an appearance. I think it was in the hand of Sol Star (John Hawkes).
You’re right. I looked up Deadwood Season 1 and it shows a guy pointing a 3 1/2” nickel SM and says he’s a gun salesman and it said it’s the pilot episode.

·
Registered
8,688 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I always likes that one in Harlem Nights. Now that we include movies I remember three more but too lazy to grab pictures. Warren Oates in “Ride The High Country” carries one in a shoulder holster. In the 1959 western “The Hangman” Robert Taylor packs a cut down SAA. And at the end of “ Will Penny” Lee Majors is shooting one. The gun database calls it a Lightning but when Charlton Heston is shooting it it looks like a SAA to me.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts