Colt Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is the .38 Diamondback I just happened to stumble upon. It was bought from the original owner who aquired it new in '77, shot less than 100 rounds then loaned it to his dad for thirty years who hid it in the bathroom and never shot it. That's why it has finish damage and why it cost $500. This action is unbelievably smooth. The bore and chambers are perfect. I didn't expect that. What a fine gun. I have to make a new grip washer thing but d.a.r.y.l. here gave me these Pachs that feel fantastic and will probably stay on it. This is a good candidate for refinishing since it isn't honest wear. Even with the finish issues this is a very classy little gun. I believe this is the first Diamonback I've ever had in my hand let alone owning one.

·
Registered
670 Posts
For five bills it's a real deal. I think you need a shorter screw for the Pachs, as I see it protruding through other side.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
First off ,nice deal. Now take the Pachys off, with both screws,and throw them in the garbage. Eventually the metal will erode through and rust your grip frame. Now pack it up and send it to Colt for a royal blue or nickel and you are in possession of a real nice shooter.

·
Registered
8,903 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
First off ,nice deal. Now take the Pachys off, with both screws,and throw them in the garbage. Eventually the metal will erode through and rust your grip frame. Now pack it up and send it to Colt for a royal blue or nickel and you are in possession of a real nice shooter.
I like the Pachs and will keep them on there then check out the factory grips after I fix them. They are pretty bland, though. What is inherently worrisome about the rubbers? Do they hold moister underneath or something? There's no damage there now. A forum member has a DB at Colt getting refinished right now and I'll ask him how he likes the results and possibly take your advice, if I can afford it.

·
Registered
3,452 Posts
Price has gone up on reblue,I have a Lawman there now . I had a Colt prewar refinished last year and it is like new, great job. you will be pleased.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts