Colt Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would share some photos of my autographed & inscribed copy of Fitz's book "Shooting" to Chief of Police Robert M. Pugmire 10-20-95 to 3-26-64, WW 1 veteran, & Chief of Police in Pocatello, Idaho.
Enjoy
Leigh

Fitz 1.jpg Fitz 3.jpg Fitz 2.jpg Fitz 4.jpg

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry I mistakenly put this in leather, it should be in the lounge.

·
Premium Member
1,704 Posts
I have an original copy also. The techniques and analogy of Mr. Fitzgerald can still be used today. An excellent read for any firearms enthusiast.

·
The Consummate Collector
6,488 Posts
Thanks for sharing your copy of Shooting. I have a number of items that belonged to Fitz and here are a few of them:

The photo in the picture below was the actual photo used in the Book:

One of the Shooting books that I have was signed by his wife Gussie:

The Army Special shown below was one of the personal guns that Fitz owned when he passed away:

Here is Fitz wearing his fancy set of holsters with a belt buckle that proudly displayed his name: FITZ

Fitz was famous for showing off his shooting skills. Here he is shooting a pair of guns at the same time:

You could always find Fitz setup up at one of the major target shooting events around the country:

This is his famous Luck Target:

An autograph on one of his books:

Here he is checking out one of his cut down Police Positives:

·
Banned
24 Posts
Thanks for sharing your copy of Shooting. I have a number of items that belonged to Fitz and here are a few of them:

The photo in the picture below was the actual photo used in the Book:

One of the Shooting books that I have was signed by his wife Gussie:

The Army Special shown below was one of the personal guns that Fitz owned when he passed away:

Here is Fitz wearing his fancy set of holsters with a belt buckle that proudly displayed his name: FITZ

Fitz was famous for showing off his shooting skills. Here he is shooting a pair of guns at the same time:

You could always find Fitz setup up at one of the major target shooting events around the country:

This is his famous Luck Target:

An autograph on one of his books:

Here he is checking out one of his cut down Police Positives:
+1

·
Registered
11 Posts
Mr Coltguy---As a Fitz fan, thank u for sharing your collection. Closest I will get to the real thing is my modern reprint of "Shooting".

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Cam,
That is a spectacular display! And a exquisite piece of Colt and firearms history.
Thanks
Vic

·
Registered
686 Posts
Apropos of the famous cut guard of the Fitz pistol, I'm expecting that after reading a Keith tale (Hell I was There) of participating in one of Fitz's demonstrations of disarming an armed opponent, that removing the guard was to prevent an opponent from using Fitz's technique of grabbing the revolver (or auto) into his torso and twisting to break the trigger finger of his enemy. McGivern in his own book spoke out solidly against removing the guard and he was a fast and fancy pistol shooter himself; suggesting it wasn't done for 'faster'.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts