Colt Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How many rds does one think it'll take to shoot out a barrel on a 38 Officers Model Target pistol?Mine's a 3rd model and was bought at around 95%,so I don't know how many rds have been put through it other then my 200rds.I feel in love with it's accuracy and wanta shoot 500 rds a week or so through it.I'm shooting 125gr JHP's through it with 4.8 grains of HP38 powder.
Dont say change any of the load to preserve it cause I got around 2000 rds loaded up and have another 4000 rds of bullets waiting to be reloaded.I only stopped because I gotta load up a thousand or so 45acp now.
Getting cold weather so I plan on hanging out at the range this winter,now that an indoor range is 2 miles from the house.I know some of you don't like to pay for indoor facilitys,but when you live in the city and the price of gas nowadays it's worth it.
So maybe I can try to wear this OMT out this winter.I have an Officers Match but hate to shoot it cause it's not been shot.I gotta get me another nearly new OMT to take with me so I can leave these Pythons home,instead of useing them for backups.I aient shooting them out.I usually take 3 guns to shoot,for when one gets hot.

Joe

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wish I could shoot lead.Indoor ranges wont let you use lead,,EPA rule.My loads arent that hot.Actually pretty mild.I'm only shooting 25yds

1 - 4 of 4 Posts