Colt Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Yeah, a thug from N.O. crossed parish lines into Jefferson & copped attitude. The only good thing about this incident is that said thug has joined the metaphysically challenged.

·
Premium Member
4,201 Posts
Just know who or where to trust anymore. " S A D ".

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
I have carried since around '73-'74, after I realized that there were folks who would attempt to make a point using a firearm. Years later, at work, I was convinced that I had arrived at the bitter end of my life as we know it, under similar if not more deadly circumstances. I never was in a spot where a shooting solution was an option, but I did fight for my life (mano a mano on three separate occasions), and I'm still here. There are no more motivating circumstances than those that cause you to know that you are dead, and this is how it is going to be.There are bad people in the world, and none of us have a crystal ball.....but we do reserve the right to defend ourselves or return fire if it ever becomes necessary.
May the souls of the innocent departed be with the Supreme Entity.
May the survivors recover intact.
May the evil one resume his rightful place in the fires of hell.
To me, this is why we stand firm on our fundamental right to self defense.
3 Colt model M 1908s 002.jpg

^^^^^These are 3 Model M 1908s, a type IV, a type III, and a type II,
any one of which is a deadly weapon when applied as such.

·
Registered
6,050 Posts
Terrible. A lot of strangers with guns at my range, but it's tightly controlled, and all the range officers are armed. Shooters can also have their guns loaded, in holsters. But they cannot remove the gun, or handle any bench guns behind the line. Unless, of course, a threat needs treatment.

The alternative type of range is like what we had in NM. It was a public range, uncontrolled. People drove up, set up, started shooting. It was usually pretty empty. But you'd have to agree to cease fires with people that might be 30 yards away, down the line. It always felt wrong. Either control the range with an officer, or don't shoot with strangers. I go out in the desert a lot to shoot. If someone is already there (increasingly common), I do a U-turn and look for another place. Too many yahoos with black guns and no idea about gun range safety.

·
Premium Member
29 Posts
I have carried since around '73-'74, after I realized that there were folks who would attempt to make a point using a firearm. Years later, at work, I was convinced that I had arrived at the bitter end of my life as we know it, under similar if not more deadly circumstances. I never was in a spot where a shooting solution was an option, but I did fight for my life (mano a mano on three separate occasions), and I'm still here. There are no more motivating circumstances than those that cause you to know that you are dead, and this is how it is going to be.There are bad people in the world, and none of us have a crystal ball.....but we do reserve the right to defend ourselves or return fire if it ever becomes necessary.
May the souls of the innocent departed be with the Supreme Entity.
May the survivors recover intact.
May the evil one resume his rightful place in the fires of hell.
To me, this is why we stand firm on our fundamental right to self defense.
View attachment 728441
^^^^^These are 3 Model M 1908s, a type IV, a type III, and a type II,
any one of which is a deadly weapon when applied as such.
Nice trifecta ! (y)

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
If there are people shooting at the range I use- I drive away and go back later. If I am there and more folks come in and start shooting- I finish up and take off.

Sad to say I have seen a lot of goofy stuff/ unsafe things done at the local range I use.

People do not seem to be educated about firearms safety and also seem to lack common sense in general those days...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Reactions: oberon

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wont ever go to an indoor hand gun range to many crazy's here in California. I'm a member of a private rifle range and they have a handgun line right next to the 100 meter rifle range. An Ex Marine is the lead range safety officer who has no tolerance for unsafe firearms handling or anyone getting out of line.

Reactions: dtrip

·
Registered
830 Posts
I wont ever go to an indoor hand gun range to many crazy's here in California. I'm a member of a private rifle range and they have a handgun line right next to the 100 meter rifle range. An Ex Marine is the lead range safety officer who has no tolerance for unsafe firearms handling or anyone getting out of line.
Good point but he wasn't at the range. He walked in the door, was refused for having a loaded weapon. Without a word he walked out , turned around and started shooing. Are you going to avoid all gun stores now? How many people have been gunned down by crazies in every place imaginable. Good think about the guns store was enough people returned fire to end it quickly.

·
Premium Member
876 Posts
True, this guy wasn't at the range. But the same basic rules apply. Every gun store or range I've visited has always had signs on the front door indicating that any firearms must be unloaded and cased - no exceptions. And despite those signs on the door, someone forgets / ignores those rules and has to be reminded by store employees.

I always try to be vigilant because many people just don't know how to properly handle firearms. I've seen some strange things before as well. When this has happened, I've always informed an employee or the range officer on duty. If the problem isn't solved after that, I leave. But I don't avoid gun stores or ranges.

When things like this happen, people always ask why, as if they're trying to make sense of it. There is no reason, excuse, or answer that could justify what this person did. Nor was it the fault of the gun, the magazine, or the ammunition. What this man did was wrong, inexcusable, and evil.

It's awful and extremely sad that two innocent people were killed. If other employees had not been armed, more innocent people might have been killed.

·
Registered
3,667 Posts
All the gun shops where I live allow carry whether open or concealed, just don't make the mistake of unholstering your weapon while you're there.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I have been to many public ranges from different cities and states, Its all about how serious they take their own policies and rules. Follow the rules or go home. I hope this was some orchestrate BS to make gun owners looks bad.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.