Colt Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I'm considering trading my colt government xse 1911 for a Colt Sporter Match HBAR. The guy with the AR wants $200 cash on top of my pistol. Would you guys take this trade?

Also, the serial number is below: Can anyone let me know the date of manufacture on this rifle. Any specifics I should know about a Colt Sporter Match HBAR? Do you guys recommend the rifle?

Sn 070820
Barrel marked C MP5.56 NATO 1/7 HBAR

·
Registered
4,160 Posts
It's a pre ban (clinton era). Model 6601. Shoots heavier bullets very well, mine likes 75 grain ones. A straight across trade would be good, AR's are plentiful again and prices have come back down to normal levels. Assuming they are in the same shape.

·
Banned
7,709 Posts
I'm not current on the Sporter pricing for that era but I know the Commander XSE, NIB, runs around the 1100 mark before taxes or fees. If you already own an AR type firearm I'd be inclined to hang on to the XSE and save for the model 6601, if that's what you want. If you're anything like most of us we get a lot more use out of our handguns than long guns. I'm a tad partial to the XSE having finally had a chance to put a few boxes of .45 through it after I got rid of the FLGR setup. Besides being very well made, it's accuracy is very impressive.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The serial number is MH 070820. Does anyone know the date of manufacture- if it is preban?
The AR-15 rifle you're looking at is a model R6601 Sporter Match HBAR, they were in production from 1991 up to 1994, then in '94 that model was replaced with the Match Target series HBAR model MT6601.

I used to have a similar rifle than that HBAR except mine had the thinner lightweight government profile barrel under the handguards model R6551 Sporter Target rifle which I bought year one production in 1991.

The Sporter series during that time '91 to '94 have some undesirable features, some might still have large pivot pins, most have protruding steel sear blocks, no bayonet lug, and the bolt carriers are the entire bottom rear area had been removed.

If it was me I would just save money and wait for the new coming soon maybe later this year model AR15A4, it's a flattop upper receiver, some distributors offers it with detachable carry handles, it have a government lightweight profile barrel under the handguards, if you need something shorter just get any current LE6920 M4 type carbine 16" barrel models.

·
Registered
463 Posts
MH086020 and below are pre-94!!! :)
I would purchase the rifle alone--- I always regret disposing of anything. :rolleyes:

Tony

1 - 7 of 7 Posts