Colt Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello.
Does anybody know who has or will make a nice shoulder holster for a 380 pocket pistol Ive been searching the web with no luck.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
273 Posts
If you don't have any luck on eBay you can check with stoner holsters. I have a couple of them. They make a good holster.

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts

·
Registered
10,819 Posts
Years ago when Bucheimer was still in business making holsters, they listed a shoulder holster for the Beretta Jetfire .25 I owned at the time. That really seemed a waste of good leather. Just because they had the ability to make one didn't make it worth making but maybe someone out there wanted one.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
I have a few of the Brauer Bros. NS "Quick Draw" style, you would want ANS 04.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello.
Thank you all for the warm welcome perhaps pocket pistol is not appropriate this is how i see them referred to ? ?
I have two 1908 Colt 380 pistols i wanted a Nice Vintage Leather shoulder holster i've see a few i like but nothing current i have been searching ebay i usually search for " Colt 380 pocket pistol leather shoulder holster " this might to narrow of a search i am not sure what other pistol holster might be compatible ?
Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
It not for sale i posted it because i like the look of it but was originally advertised as for a 1903.

·
Premium Member
10,265 Posts
Ronald12, Now that is a proper 1903 leather shoulder holster.....Good Job!

holster front 1903.JPG

Sent from my mPhone type II using 1908power

Reactions: Cop_Out and Colt-SL

·
Registered
327 Posts
If you have worn and love them, I apologize in advance, but I would wear a shoulder holster on a trial basis first. They are constricting [if made of all leather], they are very clothing specific and usually require a suit jacket or coat to work as designed, they are dangerous when drawing/re-holstering [the muzzle tracks across others and/or yourself in both scenarios, usually requires two hands to re-holster, etc.

I wore them decades ago on a daily basis and never found one suitable for concealment, speed of access, free motion, and that was clothing adaptable. I gave up on them within a year or so and gave them all away. None of the people I gave them to kept them after some use. The only shoulder holster I could tolerate was the USGI issue model with the 1911/Govt Model. It carried a full sized pistol well and out of the way when I spent time doing geology field research in remote areas.

Hunting handguns are a different issue altogether and I'll leave a handgun hunter to speak to those issues.

Good luck finding one that works.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Check with AE Nelson Leather. They probably can supply what you want, and the "figure eight" harness is very comfortable for long term wear.

Reactions: ei8ht

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have worn a shoulder holster under s large shirt without printing and comfortably driving from Az to Montana and back. If properly adjusted they work just fine.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts