Colt Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Show find........Gov.Model .38 Super.............

from the late 60's I was able to pick this one up at this past weekends Akron,Oh gun show...................

·
Registered
794 Posts
Re: Show find........Gov.Model .38 Super.........

WOW Dan, nice score! I wonder if it would be considered rude to call you a "lucky dog." I love those commercial Gov't Models. Excellent condition, box and paperwork, 38 Super, and no shrinkage on the stocks either. Man you did well.

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Show find........Gov.Model .38 Super.............

BBBS, are you coming over to the Niles show this weekend?? I'll be there helping Bill this Saturday. I will probably bring this along with me................

·
Registered
705 Posts

See you there. Would love to take a peek at it. You selling or just showing it?

·
Registered
490 Posts

Great find, Beautiful pistol..... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

·
Registered
56 Posts

"From the late 60's"
Are you a Time Traveller? If so, may I go with you on your next trip to find beautiful pistols like that? Please.
Plenty of guns I would like to pick up!

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Yes, I will be selling it, I promised to show it to my friend Gil( I would bet you know him from the shows) who is into these and he's been out of town, went to Louisville last weekend and told me to hold it for him till this Sat, he missed the other ones we had at the OGCA a couple of weeks ago and the "suspect" Super 38 Match gun from the late 30's (Talk about 'time travel')We still are of the opinion that the Super Match was "fake", yes, it was a "super 38 " AND was from the 1937 era , but NOT recorded as a "match" built gun per the records. Our friend got a call from Lowell Pauli (sic) as to this info. Internally it was NOT "marked" as a 'match' barrel ,nor the fitting the way the factory did the "set up/building" certain things to look for and were NOT present.

Now this gun is just a "normal"?? production 'Super 38' and the only mark is on the back ,left rear of the slide, when they put a "tie" on the gun at the door, the police officer put a "rub mark when he pulled on and tightened the tie???? Wow , was the guy "pissed".....Oh well, safety first, (sniff-sniff)

·
Registered
666 Posts
Re: Show find........Gov.Model .38 Super.........

[ QUOTE ]
WOW Dan, nice score! I wonder if it would be considered rude to call you a "lucky dog." I love those commercial Gov't Models. Excellent condition, box and paperwork, 38 Super, and no shrinkage on the stocks either. Man you did well.

[/ QUOTE ]

Here's a 1951 Government 45acp

·
Registered
3,936 Posts

A really nice example! Thanks for posting it here. The Colt Forum has been rough on me this week. This and several other posts have got me green with forum envy.

·
Registered
705 Posts

Dan, I missed you Sat. I'm coming back Sunday. Maybe I'll run into you then. I found this right outside the front door. Even before I got inside. Got it from a guy I worked with. 70L016XX NIB it's a 9MM Gov. Seen Jack and got some .22 Jet ammo. Oh, and some flashlights. LOL

·
Registered
810 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

I was only there today , all day (Sat) helping Bill E, the Ruger dealer. We sold the 38 Super first thing when the show opened, probably gave it away as we sold it to a dealer a couple of rows over.
Sunday we'll not be there. Obligations.....................

By the way there was few nice but pricey Colts over on the left side. Had a late 1st year ,maybe 2nd year '357 in a 6 inch with looked like Python grips on it, in the #8,xxx range, wanted $450 for it.??

1 - 13 of 13 Posts